Saturday 14 November 2009

Exhibit A

Having not written a post in over a week I feel duty bound to contribute to this blog in whatever way I can. So, in my latest quest to find affordable fashion, I trawled the charity shops of my town of study to see if there was anything worth salvaging. Unfortunately, it was futile attempt. I found myself trying to find the good in pieces that were clearly the ex content of some poor deceased dear, or the cast offs from people who have suddenly realised that their built up collection of attire dating back to the 80s needed to be thrown away.

The problem with trying to rummage through charity shops in a town that isn't exactly hard hitting on the fashion map is that... well... it does not exactly deliver the fruits you hear about in other reviews of successful charity shop shopping. Hence, I have decided that one shouldn't be made to feel guilty everytime you read about the joys of and how satisfying charity shopping can be. It is not for everyone and it certainly doesn't apply to all regions!

That said, I still believe that there are places worth visiting. I have read many times, though have never experienced it for myself, that the charity shops and second hand stores in Notting Hill and Knightsbridge offer some remarkable delights. Choose wisely the areas to shop in and you could find yourself with a second hand D&G jacket or old season Chloe. Area codes are everything, Darling.


2284718650_7701b601a6.jpg

1 comment:

  1. The problem with 'Charity Shopping' in Falmouth, is that you have to be VERY lucky. It's a matter of supply and demand, the supply being relatively small in a University town such as Falmouth, and the demand (from students) being huge. Ergo - anything even half decent is going to get snapped up right away.

    Might be a different story in Truro say, larger population - fewer students - and far closer then Knightsbridge or Notting Hill.

    Mind you, I'm just a man... What would I know about fashion?

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete